OUR COMMITMENT TO THE EARTH
As a family-owned business, it is highly important to us to preserve our planet for future generations. Eco-responsible practices have been at the core of our company philosophy since it was founded more than 35 years ago. We are a proud member of the Sustainable Furnishings Council and continuously strive to find new ways to improve our manufacturing practices to have a positive impact on our planet.
Built to last = less waste
At Huntington House we are committed to building products that last a lifetime, using only the finest materials and time-tested manufacturing techniques. The longer our products last, the less sofas make it to the landfill.
At Huntington House we have resisted the trend to reduce costs by moving production overseas. All of our products are crafted by hand at our headquarters in Hickory, NC by highly skilled American workers. To reduce waste incurred in transportation, we first seek materials that are produced locally, then domestically, and finally internationally.
Conserving natural resources
Environmentally responsible materials
- Seat Cushions – Made with Preserve Foam (20% soy-based), fiber wrap (80% regenerated fiber), feather and down filling and cotton ticking
- Foam Padding – made with Preserve Foam (20% soy-based), fiber wrap (80% regenerated fiber)
- Seat Deck Pad & Trim Pad – made with 80% regenerated fiber
- Cotton Padding – made from 100% recycled product
- Finishing – water-based finishes
- Springs & Strapping – made from 98% recycled steel
- Sleeper & Swivel Mechanisms – made from 95% recycled steel with water-based paint.
- Fabrics – we offer a selection of fabrics made from natural fibers as well as recycled materials
- Packaging – 100% recycled cardboard
Huntington House is a proud member of the Sustainable Furnishings Council.